In this episode, Peter speaks to Catriona Ward whose second novel Little Eve, a 1920s murder mystery set on a remote Scottish island within a nature-worshipping cult, was nominated for a 2018 Shirley Jackson Award.
Alternatively, listen directly from the website using the player below.
Sign-up to our monthly newsletter
Topics discussed in this interview include:
- The pleasure and utility of writing and publishing short stories
- The joys of getting writing away from home in new environments
- Ward’s second novel Little Eve
- The importance of setting in Ward’s fiction (and why setting might not always matter)
- Teaching in writing workshops